Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WoW Model Viewer, Need some Help
Zinth
post Mar 19 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,773

I recently watched 'Mmovie' and I loved on how the Characters or creatures were completely black in the very begining.

I am assuming they used Model Viewer, how do you make your characters completely black?

Thanks

Zinth

:thumbsup:

--------------------

You know, sometimes I just like to, just like to lay in my bed. Look up at the stars and wonder . . . . where the hell did my roof go?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mushanga
post Mar 19 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 885

They probably achieved that effect through a compositing program. There are multiple ways of doing that with either Vegas or After Effects. You could apply Brightness and lower the amount until the footage turns black or (in the case of AE) you could apply a Fill (generate-> Fill) and turn it black.

And I'm pretty sure there are more ways :biggrin:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Mar 20 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 644

In ModelViewer, go to the View menu and select "Show Mask". This will give you a white silhouette which you can easily invert.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wizeer
post Mar 20 2008, 06:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,769

It depends on what program you are using, when I make shadows or just "dark" characters in Adobe Elements 3.0 / Adobe Premiere Pro I use the Color Balance (HLS), found under the cathegory "Image Control". When Ive added Color Balance to the clip I change the lightness to -100.

+Quote Post
Zinth
post Mar 20 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,773

Thanks for the replies. I shall certainly have to try some of the, ( i have already tried one, with some successful results)

--------------------

You know, sometimes I just like to, just like to lay in my bed. Look up at the stars and wonder . . . . where the hell did my roof go?!

+Quote Post
HoP Productions
post Mar 24 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,985

To make your character dark in WoW Model Viewer, go to the Lighting Drop-down menu and click on "Use true lighting" and "model lights only"
this will make it look like your character/object is standing in a completely dark room with a small light on, giving it a sinister feel.
it's also good for people who have a low-tech, no frills editor.

-Fizzles, High on Peacebloom Productions.

+Quote Post
Justin
post Mar 25 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 656

dozen ways of doing this :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bilivir
post Apr 27 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,121

Guys, WoWModelViewer is some kind of programm tthat is used to separate your character from the backgruond?

+Quote Post
SinnedProduction...
post Aug 17 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,589

Biliver, WoWmodelviewer is made to create creatures or objects with one color as background which makes it easy to Chroma key/Keylight it out in an editing program. When that is done you will have a creature or object with no background and you could easily project it on other ingame, or even real life footage.

-Sinned Productions

+Quote Post
Coriul
post Oct 18 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 995

Anyone else having issues with the WoW Modelviewer since the 3.02 patch? It crashes every time I try to open an image of a character, creature, etc. ..

Ideas? Thoughts?

Edit: Looking at the WoW Model Viewer Forums, it is clear that I am late to the party on this one .. Still, if someone has a link to a good explanation of how to fix the problem, I would be grateful :-)

--------------------
"To live without any of those annoying social obligations, the life of an artist is ideal.” -Seijuro Hiko the 13th, from the Rurouni Kenshin Anime series.

+Quote Post
Coriul
post Oct 20 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 995

QUOTE (Coriul @ Oct 18 2008, 12:09 PM) *
Anyone else having issues with the WoW Modelviewer since the 3.02 patch? It crashes every time I try to open an image of a character, creature, etc. ..

Ideas? Thoughts?

Edit: Looking at the WoW Model Viewer Forums, it is clear that I am late to the party on this one .. Still, if someone has a link to a good explanation of how to fix the problem, I would be grateful :-)

Update - there is a model viewer for the Wrath of the Lich King beta that may work as a 'stopgap' if you were in the beta. The file is located here - http://wowbox.tw/dl/wowmodelview-0.5.08-al...wotlk-v0.22.zip

It isn't perfect, but as I said .. it may work as a stopgap for those who were in the middle of something like me and had the beta.

From the looks of it, I am going to have to set up my second computer with a clean version of WoW that is updated to version 2.4.1 and create modelviewer files on that machine, then move them over to my main comp where I run Adobe Premier.

It looks like there is some development activity going on to create a new version of the Model Viewer that will work with the new patches, but it could be a while.

--------------------
"To live without any of those annoying social obligations, the life of an artist is ideal.” -Seijuro Hiko the 13th, from the Rurouni Kenshin Anime series.

+Quote Post
konack1
post Nov 20 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,825

Okay, thats a start for me, but on some of the WoW Model Veiwer programs, such as Ragnaros, Broken Kael'Thas, or any Human female character or NPC, they either cant be shown or they just plain dont look right.

How can this be resolved?

And what about WoW Map Viewer for WotLK?

+Quote Post
BaronSoosdon
post Nov 21 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 489

QUOTE (konack1 @ Nov 20 2008, 08:34 PM) *
Okay, thats a start for me, but on some of the WoW Model Veiwer programs, such as Ragnaros, Broken Kael'Thas, or any Human female character or NPC, they either cant be shown or they just plain dont look right.

How can this be resolved?

And what about WoW Map Viewer for WotLK?

The only way to resolve it is to program WoW model viewer to support the new .m2 format. That is going to take a while, the WoW model viewer forums are the place to get updates on the issue.

Till then, the only solution is to use a separate copy of older WoW and the old model viewer.

--------------------
IRC -- #machinima @ Quakenet
Blog -- http://www.baronsoosdon.com
[Latest news about my on- and upcoming projects + random stuff!]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:10 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks