IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WoW Machinima + WoW Model Viewer/Map Viewer Help, Questions and no answers...
wingedillidan
post Jan 11 2008, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,528

Dear question answer-er,

I am a beginner machinima-ist... I want to know how to incorporate WoW Model Viewer and Map Viewer into a movie. I'm trying to get the hang of it. For example, I want to make an ALL Model/Map viewer movie... Even though some like to watch on the REAL game. But, I want to get more advanced-like. The questions are listed here...

Editing Program: Sony Vegas

Question #1 (Kinda Nooby):
I wanna make a standstill picture move from left-to-right or on a path... How?

Question #2:
How do you interlace a video into another video/picture/screenshot/map viewer map. For example, I want a walking dwarf character behind a rock in the video. Do I have to photoshop and cut out everything in the scene BUT the rock. But, what if I want to put him behind a rock in a VIDEO?

Question #3:
How to make a character walk, turn, than wave (or any other combo of moves) smoothly and using only Model Viewer and the editor.

Please help me in my quest of finding the answers to these questions.

-Wingedillidan

PS: These questions may sound nooby... EVERYONE was once a noob... right?! AM I RIGHT?! Oh god... maybe im the only noob!!!! AAAAGH!!!! I can't go on... I'll NEVER be a not-noob!!! I WANT MY MOMMY.... End PS Message.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Era
post Jan 11 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 756

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 10 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Dear question answer-er,

I am a beginner machinima-ist... I want to know how to incorporate WoW Model Viewer and Map Viewer into a movie. I'm trying to get the hang of it. For example, I want to make an ALL Model/Map viewer movie... Even though some like to watch on the REAL game. But, I want to get more advanced-like. The questions are listed here...

Editing Program: Sony Vegas

Question #2:
How do you interlace a video into another video/picture/screenshot/map viewer map. For example, I want a walking dwarf character behind a rock in the video. Do I have to photoshop and cut out everything in the scene BUT the rock. But, what if I want to put him behind a rock in a VIDEO?

Question #3:
How to make a character walk, turn, than wave (or any other combo of moves) smoothly and using only Model Viewer and the editor.

Please help me in my quest of finding the answers to these questions.

-Wingedillidan

PS: These questions may sound nooby... EVERYONE was once a noob... right?! AM I RIGHT?! Oh god... maybe im the only noob!!!! AAAAGH!!!! I can't go on... I'll NEVER be a not-noob!!! I WANT MY MOMMY.... End PS Message.

1;

Take pictures, make it into a panorama image, and pan from right to left, or whatever your need is. Check out this video for some tips. Sorry if i took the question wrong.

2;

For this i use photosop. I do it quick an easy. Snapshot from Vegas, take it into photoshop, and cut out the thing i want ti be in front of the character. Save it as a PNG picture (no need to chroma key that picture then). There u have it, the dwarf can walk behin the rock if u put the rock in a layer on top of him.

3;

This can be tricky, but ill try to give away how i do it. First u fraps him walking. Then u put that into Vegas. Open the pan/crop options, figure the scale etc with zooming out/in, then find where he will start to walk, drag the timeline to the end, and drag the dwarf there. THen he should walk there smoothly, but speed might be a tard too u, so u must try a few times. As for him to wave, and then go back; Fraps another one of him waving. Put that one into the composition, and heres the trick to get it smoothly; Put that clip in a layer on top of the clip where he walk. Sync it and place him waving exaclty where the walking clip stops. Then u put that clip down on the same layer as the walking clip. With this he will walk and then stop to wave, without seeing its 2 seperate clips. Do the same with walking back.

Iam sure there is an easier way to do it, but this works for me so..

Hope it helped!

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Jan 11 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 446

One trick I've been using lately for modelviewer animation combos is, to have the first one running and then, while frapsing that, hit the second one at the right time so they meld smoothly and I don't have to try to line em up in AE. Sometimes it takes a few tries, I just toss the mistakes. If there's more than 2, I then move to the third one and edit out the repeated moves in between the first and third, which is easier than lining up separate captures. Of course this doesn't work quite as well with walking and running.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wingedillidan
post Jan 11 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Thanks! This has been a great help. And to get a reply by a Machinima GOD!!! Oooh! Thankyou.

+Quote Post
wingedillidan
post Jan 11 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Jan 11 2008, 02:35 PM) *
One trick I've been using lately for modelviewer animation combos is, to have the first one running and then, while frapsing that, hit the second one at the right time so they meld smoothly and I don't have to try to line em up in AE. Sometimes it takes a few tries, I just toss the mistakes. If there's more than 2, I then move to the third one and edit out the repeated moves in between the first and third, which is easier than lining up separate captures. Of course this doesn't work quite as well with walking and running.

Uhhhhhh... Can you please be more specific?

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Jan 11 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 11 2008, 12:55 PM) *

Hm. that would be tough w/o visuals. Can someone who knows what I'm talking about make some screen caps? :whistling:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Jan 12 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Jan 11 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Hm. that would be tough w/o visuals. Can someone who knows what I'm talking about make some screen caps? :whistling:

Quit scaring the poor noobs! :biggrin:

Not sure what you're asking here, because you question could be interpreted several ways each with vastly different answers. For what I think you want, you want to have the image on the timeline, sized to the appropriate length of time, then right-click on it and open Event Pan/Crop.
The dash-lined box you see is your Frame. First think right-click and select Match Output Aspect. Next size and place the dashlined box to where you want it to start, the first Keyframe should already be there.
Next, drag the little timeslider to the end and move the dash-lined box to where you want it to end. As soon as you move the box a Keyframe should be placed on the timeline automatically. If you accidently place a Keyframe that you don't want, just rightclick on the little diamond and delete it.

Question #2:

First off, "interlace" is VERY wrong terminology, but that's not really relevant.

To do what you want, take your background layer, and copy it so the copy is synced exactly and also Above the tracks that you have characters on.

Then right-click on that top layer and select Pan/Crop. in the bottom right switch to mask-mode and check the checkbox to activate that event's mask.

Next, use the tools there to place points around the object you want to stay in the forground. You may have to fiddle with it because creating the path you want can be a little difficult until you get the hang of it. Once you've got the path, the parts of the layer that will be invisible should darken slightly. There are settings for this, which are pretty easy to figure out.

At this point, if the object is solid and the background is an image, you're done. (Mask-Mode lets you keyframe-animate every point in a mask for video effects, but that's advanced, time-consuiming and pain-in-the-ass-to-get-right stuff)

Question #3:

The simple answer is, you don't. It is possible, but there is no secret method to doing so. The only way is to very carefully record each animation/movement in model viewer. If you're trying to do this NEVER use your mouse to move the character. Be very careful about not moving the character at all while changing what animation is playing or whatever else you need to do between recordings.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
wingedillidan
post Jan 12 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Question #4
How do you make the camera switch to different views/zooms using only the editor/model viewer?

Edit: With characters in the scene too..

+Quote Post
Justin
post Jan 12 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 656

WMV has just a rough capture purpose

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Jan 12 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 12 2008, 08:55 AM) *
Question #4
How do you make the camera switch to different views/zooms using only the editor/model viewer?

YOU do that. Move closer to get a close-up shot and further away to get a wide shot... I don't really understand the question otherwise. What you see is what you get! If you have a mouse with a wheel for example, roll the wheel back and forth to zoom in and out of the characters in modelview.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Jan 12 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 12 2008, 08:55 AM) *
Question #4

I'm not understanding the question.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
wingedillidan
post Jan 12 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #12

To those who don't under stand Question #4...

I mean, you know how a video switches it's capture point... For example it zooms in and out in a scene... Well.. take Stop the Cavalry for an example... It goes to many different capture points... From the horses entering, to the props entering and rolling by, than back to the singer dwarf. How do you do THAT with only Editor, Map Viewer, and Model Viewer?

-Wingedillidan

+Quote Post
UncleTom
post Jan 13 2008, 04:49 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 648

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 11 2008, 12:55 PM) *

In Model Viewer, you only get to play ONE animation at a time. So, for example, you record 3 things: your character walks in, your character stands and turns, and your character waves. When you edit it together, you will have to CUT it together so it matches and it looks fluid. If you don't, it will jump and it will look like a cut.

Jun is saying match the animations by being quick and nimble and selecting the ONE animation to connect the previous ANIMATION. (i.e. selecting emote talk 1 for a human, then when it ends, immediately select emote talk 2 so it looks like its all ONE animation.) That way, it won't be cut together funky and it will look very fluid.

I record each animation, including a lot of standing and then cut it together where it matches up the best.

As far as question 4:

In Premiere, you can set up sequences within sequences. Say you need to zoom in slowly to a character when he is dreaming, but he talking to himself. Simply animate it in one sequence, then you can manipulate that sequence on your main timeline just like you can with any other motion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Jan 13 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 12 2008, 03:58 PM) *

I mean, you know how a video switches it's capture point... For example it zooms in and out in a scene... Well.. take Stop the Cavalry for an example... It goes to many different capture points... From the horses entering, to the props entering and rolling by, than back to the singer dwarf. How do you do THAT with only Editor, Map Viewer, and Model Viewer?

-Wingedillidan

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Are you asking how to simulate camera shakes and stuff? Are you asking how to make cuts? I think maybe you're not asking the right question.

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Jan 14 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (wingedillidan @ Jan 12 2008, 03:58 PM) *

-Wingedillidan

Are you talking about shots and cuts??? You just....change the sizes and angles, man! I really don't understand what you are asking about either. I mean...it kind of sounds like you just need to pick up a primer book on basic filmmaking, period.

BTW never seen that vid and it's kinda cute :D

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:48 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks